Hospital administrators today are busier than ever tackling one of the following challenges:
How can I make some of the recent, expensive physician practice acquisitions pay for themselves faster?
How can I increase physician satisfaction at my hospital, thereby driving loyalty and ultimately referrals?
How do I maintain or increase my case-mix index?
ChargeMD solves all these challenges with a simple first step – real-time access to the census to physicians on their mobile devices. We then build additional value in the following manner:
- ChargeMD offers a patent-pending 7-second charge capture process that integrates into Apple’s Siri®so the physician can speak or select (or a combination of the above) the charges for the patient.
- Our patent-pending barcode scanning feature enables the physician to take a picture of the wrist-band of the patient which then triggers ChargeMD to send the facesheet from the hospital to the practice and register the patient in the practice if it is a new patient – all in a matter of seconds.
- We cap this off with a 2-3 tap charge capture process in most fields of medicine, making it easy to bill for professional fees.
- Finally, we enable the practice administration to automatically detect those admits/discharges/consults that were assigned to the physician, but where charges were not submitted. This is lost revenue which now has a new tool that enables billing.
- Employed and independent physician revenue increases – they will bill for every admit/discharge/consult with ChargeMD
- Hospital gains mobile portal to all doctors – communicate clinical pathways, readmission triage guidelines, quality initiatives, etc., real-time and specific to the patient at the point of care!
- A coding assistant module will help the physician understand and enumerate the appropriate codes, often helping specify more granular codes, thus potentially increasing the case-mix index of the hospital